Call for Expression of Interest
NGOs Required for Vocational & Entrepreneurship Training to Women with Disabilities in Pakistan
Last Date: 20 October 2018
NaQsheen – Women Entrepreneurs Network is inviting ‘Expression-of-Interest’ (EoI) from small-scale, non-government and women-led community-based organizations in Pakistan that are providing vocational, technical and entrepreneurship-based training to women with disabilities.
Young women/girls-with disabilities in Pakistan face significant challenges to play an active role in the society. Many lack access to education, health, career, recreation and other vital services that contribute to their marginalization and poverty. It is important to bring these women in the mainstream for a more inclusive society.
The purpose of this project is to offer greater participation and empowerment opportunities to women with disabilities through livelihoods-based training, enhanced access to career development and employment opportunities, and stronger linkages among stakeholders to improve future prospects for beneficiaries.
DURATION OF PROJECT:
Selected organizations will be invited to participate in the project for one-month to one-year duration activities.
Under the project, selected organizations would be required to carry out the following activities.
- Provide training to women with disabilities in the field of
1) Dress designing, stitching and knitting,
2) Beautician & makeup,
3) IT and computer training,
4) Bags and purse making,
5) Artificial jewellery making,
6) Home-based cooking & baking,
7) Poultry farming and Kitchen gardening,
8) Handicrafts and home decoration arts,
9) Gym & fitness center,
10) School & tuition center development
- Identification of young, local and marginalized women-with-disabilities
- Project documentation and reporting
- Participation in project meetings
The project would be implemented in all parts of Pakistan including Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir.
Ideal organizations should meet the following criteria to be selected.
- Must be registered and working as non-denominational, participatory, nongovernment organization for the past two years (disabled-women-led and disabled-person-led organization would be preferred)
- Have a functional bank account and financial audit reports for (at least) past two years
- Have current data/information about local women-with-disabilities to be included in the project
- Have experience of running vocational and technical skills training program in the past for marginalized women and communities (priority would be given to organizations that had implemented projects in the past for persons-with-disabilities)
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send an Expression of Interest (EoI) by email to [email protected] along with complete profile, selected pictures of relevant activities, copies of your organization’s registration certificate, proof of experience in the past, and copies of audit reports of your organization. Please ensure that your EoI address all areas of eligibility mentioned above, in order to establish your organizations’ credibility.
LAST DATE TO APPLY:
The last date to apply is Saturday, 20th October 2018.
More information about this project will be shared only with short-listed organizations.